Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Sleep

Having returned from a grueling day's and night's work at 4AM I put in some headphones and began listening to Josquin des Prez' Missa Pange Lingua as I laid down to sleep. When it came to the Gloria movement and as sleep closed upon me I had a vision of a beautiful procession of animals lined up two by two: great stags and bears and other creatures of the forest. They were lined up in front of a gorgeous icon of our Savior and were doing obeisance. The song of praise flowed from the love and honor that these creatures had for the Lord and they were full of dignity and beauty.

2 comments:

  1. I'm listening to his Missa now.
    My dreams tonight will probably not be as awesome as yours was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're back! Blog more!

    ReplyDelete